We’re building an exceptional team of product thinkers and developers dedicated to helping organizations accomplish their purpose through delivering personalized training at scale. Our product team of designers and engineers are tasked with translating user wants and needs into code and pixels that delight users and customers all around the world.
As a growing startup, our product team is offered huge creative freedom in how to implement solutions that serve the needs of our users quickly and efficiently, relying more upon iterative improvement than one-and-done perfection. Simultaneously, every person on this team is responsible for helping iterate upon the environment and systems that contribute toward developing a scalable culture fueled by personal safety, positive energy, relentless creativity, and unparalleled teamwork.
This team reports up to Journeyage’s Chief Technology Wayfinder, who leads our product management, engineering, and devops functions. However, as a member of the product team, you’ll not only work closely with other inspiring product designers, thinkers, and engineers, but also have the opportunity to learn from our growing team of legendary customer success guides, learning experience designers, sales professionals, and marketing geniuses. While each person plays an individual role, we are unified in how we move forward together.
What you will do
Everyone who joins our team is responsible for creating value, regardless of their role. But that looks a little bit different for everybody. As a front end software developer, you will be responsible to:
- Implement the visual elements that users interact with on our web-based platform
- Communicate with our product designers and maintain a strong, functional UI kit of our current design system and standards
- Architect our web front-end modules and technologies
- Peer review code and help level up the front-end skills among our entire product development team
- Create quick mockups of what could be possible using existing elements and prototyping frameworks to explore solutions as a team
- Implement everything with pixel-perfect mobile-readiness in mind
- Optimize our applications and front-end loading times for maximum speed and performance
- Communicate and collaborate with users to learn how to resolve front-end issues and improve features to deliver more user satisfaction, both in written and oral form
- Help craft use-case-specific solutions in partnership with our revenue teams that can be tested with and sold to prospects and customers
- Invent better solutions to core user, product, and customer problems
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies that could improve our product
- Export files and components from Sketch, InVision, and other design tools for front-end implementation
- Collaborate with others remotely and communicate excellently about what you’re working on, where you need help, and how you can support others
- Contribute to iteration retrospectives by celebrating wins, recognizing failures, and choosing areas of improvement to implement next
- Whatever else it takes to support your team and the whole team
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for lifelong learners and product geeks dedicated to the art and science of front-end development. We do not look for any specific formal education, as long as you can demonstrate the passion and experience we are searching for. You will feel right at home with us if you:
- Want purpose, not just a paycheck
- Commit to upholding the unique hallmarks, values, and ways of our culture
- Have 2-plus years of a paid job experience as a front-end developer, with deep experience and knowledge of:
- VueJS/NuxtJS, React, Angular, or similar
- CSS frameworks such as SASS or LESS, Node.js
- Jest & CI/CD with Travis.ci or similar frameworks
- Want to focus mostly on front-end development
- Thrive in highly autonomous environments, deeply focused on results
- Commit to upholding the unique ways of our culture
- Seek to learn continuously
- Work to help others succeed, both internally and externally
- Remain humble and coachable, but also execute with confidence
- Motivate yourself and do not wait to be told what to do
- Focus on your team goals, doing what it takes to achieve what’s agreed to
- Collaborate well with others and appreciate the opportunity to craft creative solutions
- Communicate excellently in both oral and written forms
- Remain productive, regardless of day-to-day ambiguity
- Embrace systems
- Desire leadership development within a quickly-growing startup
Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visa or citizenship opportunities at this time.
Candidates must be able to work during US time zones.
Last but certainly not least, it should be noted that Journeyage’s intent is to build an uncommonly diverse and inclusive environment so we can advance our purpose to love and learn with one another. We know this is not only the right thing to do, it’s the smart thing to do. That means we’re actively looking for people who think differently than us, have a different background than us, and look differently than us.
Research shows that while, on average, men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
In other words, if you typically feel underrepresented in technology companies like ours, you’re not only invited to apply, we urge you to apply.
Why choose Journeyage
Though we are in the business of learning experience personalization and on a mission to deliver irreplaceable training, the cause that gets us out of bed every morning is co-creating the world’s most transformative workplace experiences. That infinite pursuit starts with the workplace experience we create for our own employees, whether that’s in Phoenix, Guadalajara, Paris, or Timbuktu.
In fact, according to anonymous surveys conducted every month since our hiring growth began in late 2019, 100% of our employees recommend Journeyage as an exceptional place to work. We keep this third-party reported figure updated. We aren’t perfect by any means, but we’re on the journey to improve each and every day.
Don’t take our word for it, though. Here’s what one of our sales team members has to say about working for Journeyage: “I have a goal, and I’m not joking when I say it: I want to work for Journeyage for the rest of my life. There’s nowhere else I could imagine working that has been as personally and professionally meaningful. The culture we have here may sound like a fairytale, but it’s not. It’s real, and I’m all-in for the long haul.”
While we could list many other reasons we recommend Journeyage, feel free to learn more about our unique culture before you apply from one of our team members, because we hire for culture-fit before experience, competency, or how good your resume looks. Given our passion for personalization, we’d much rather craft a role built around the right person than we would fit someone into a one size fits all job.